Thursday, July 22, 2010

Monsoons, Power Out, and Locked Out

Just one day to go until the movers are here. We are packing like crazy and decided we needed to get more boxes. So off to the local storage place, and also to get a bite to eat. Need to keep up our strength!

Well, while we're at the storage place, the monsoons hit with lightning and thunder, and a power outage. We were wondering how widespread the outage was because we were about 5 miles from home.

So we drive home and I remembered that we left the house without our house key because we knew we could just come right back in through the garage door (which requires electricity). I'm sure you know where I'm going with this. Yep, the power was out and we were locked out. For who knows how long. I remembered that we left our sliding glass door unlocked in the back of the house, but the back gate had a lock on it. I asked Mike if he thought he could climb over the gate to get into the backyard. Well, he said he would try. Poor guy, I felt sorry for him. It was pouring down rain but he was able to do it. I told him he was my hero because now we could be back into the house to finish the packing and I still needed to clean out the inside of the refrigerator.

Well, wouldn't you know it, the power came back on about 15 minutes after Mike climbed over the gate, and that's not the kind of thing that a 75 year old man should be doing - but his wife insisted.

So, I cleaned out the refrigerator while Mike recuperated from his breaking and entering attempt.

More to follow,

Pat Grimm

No comments:

Post a Comment