So Joseph Guznay made the correction for us in Quito on the Registro Civil so the name is correct on the Certificado Biometrico. But additional documents need to be provided, which are:
- Color copy of the title page of your passport
- Color copy of the residency visa page of your passport
- Color copy of the front and back of your cedula
- Original Certificado de Movimiento Migratorio
- Printout of your online bank account statement that shows you are still receiving the monthly benefits from Social Security (or whatever pension you are receiving)
We are still waiting to be called to fly to Quito and take the test, sing the national anthem, and be approved as citizens.
Then, we can go to the immigration office in Cuenca to get our passports and our new cedulas with the citizen status on them.
I was hoping that this would happen by the end of this year, but I'm having my doubts about that. We'll see.
We're planning on celebrating when we finally become Ecuadorian citizens by taking a South American cruise from Argentina to Chile, using our new passports.